- 250 gms gourd (Kaddu or Lauki)
- 250 gms cabbage
- 1 medium sized carrot
- Mint leaves - a bunch, chopped
- coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped finely
- Black pepper or chat masala
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice, 2 tbsp (or half a medium sized lemon)
Dice the vegetables, add salt and pressure cook for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and puree the vegetables in a blender.
Prepare chicken stock in half a litre of water. Add salt to taste, mint leaves, coriander leaves green chillies, black pepper, chat masala and bring to boil. Reduce heat and add the vegetable puree. Add lemon juice and cook for 10 minutes on low heat. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Tip: Soups taste great with garlic bread or something crunchy on the side. If you got chips with you (we get boondi and kurkure in India, which works well), crush them and sprinkle on the soup just before serving.